Wednesday 17 August 2011

Mi cocina

My first real taste of the globe and all things international was when I lived in London a few years ago.  This was the longest I’d ever been away from home and the first time I’d ever had to truly fend for myself. I came into my own and learned some really valuable lessons – like how fat I really could get if I continued to eat and drink as I wished. [I would share some some photos with you but I wouldn't want to put you through that]
Anyway, one of the many highlights of that time was the people I met there. I moved into a house with a South African girl from Cape Town, a Colombian chica and another from Spain. Our time together was interesting – we fought, bonded, drank and ate plenty together. And I have a few of those moments captured in pictures which always bring a smile to my face. Like the time we decided to bake chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce in our little kitchen. Bibi, the Colombian, decided to name our experiment ‘mi cocina’ which means ‘my kitchen’ in Spanish. The pudding was all sugar and butter and tasted just right.
I still make that kind of stuff in mi cocina

Bibi



Poison in the making



Zana and Bibi



And the final product

No comments: