Sunday 15 July 2012

Amaskopas

I bought a pack of amaskopas and thoroughly enjoyed them. In case you are wondering what these are, take a look at the pic below.

Every black person of colour over the age of 20 that I know has very fond memories of this township delicacy.

The best and most comprehensible way to describe them: a really inferior yet colorful derivative of popcorn. They also have a slight sweetness to them. And, they can be a little chewy, depending on their 'freshness'.

Not sure how these things are made (like most things, I probably wouldn't eat them again if I knew)

They're enjoyable nonetheless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm keen to know how they are made. Their smell triggers fresh coffee in my mind, so I've always imagined having dark chocolate covered maskopas. I think they would be amazing.

Unknown said...

Hi. Can you believe that there is no trace of these in Cape Town? My crash cravings can't take this. Where are they manufactured?